Tasty Burger

Thursday, October 26, 2006

waves takeaway burger peregian beach


Waves Takeaway in Peregian Beach recently changed management. Mum reports that the new staff are much nicer than the old staff but the milk is more expensive than before, so she buys hers from the greengrocer now.

However the Yellow Pages suggested this was the most likely spot for me to find a tasty burger anywhere between Coolum and Noosa, so I thought I would give it a go. I chose the "Works" for $7.50 and a chocolate milkshake. When asked whether I wanted pineapple, I said "yes". When asked what sauce, without hesitation I gave the answer "BBQ".

I will put it out there. The Waves burger is on the same tier as Andrew's, made with far more care and attention than you will get in Albert Park, and delivered to your plastic table outside. It ticked all the boxes for a genuine old school burger as you can see. Perhaps the patty could have been just slightly meatier but we are talking just fractions of points here. I give this one an emphatic two-handed TASTY. STZ.

PS Luca loved the chocolate milkshake, didn't leave me much.

Labels:

6 Comments:

  • Nice work! Was a bit worried after the last post, potentially put the place off limits to burger posse inspite of the fine surf, but now no need to worry if there's somewhere better than andrew's up there

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:10 pm  

  • I am CRAVING a good burger like you wouldn't believe after reading this blog.....Lockie, I say we catch up when I'm in Oz over a tasty burger, your pick of location, what do you say?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:47 am  

  • Why coitainly! [in a stooges voice]

    sounds like the makings of a plan. i'm in perth (for world clubs woot!) from 11th-19th Nov but either side i'm free for tasty burgers! email when you arrive :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:48 am  

  • perfect, I'm there from Nov 18th...will be in touch!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:28 pm  

  • is this a blog or a chat room?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:42 am  

  • my own doublethink:

    "a blog is a chatroom"

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:07 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home